Looking for a way to make your weather station wireless? Then maybe this is your solution. Rabbit Semiconductor
has the Rabbit 4000 WiFi developer's kit on sale. Combined with a DS9097U serial to 1-Wire adapter and your weather station, it makes a great WiFi based weather station computer. RabbitWeatherServer 1.0 combines the1-Wire 'C' lbrary from Dallas/Maxim with the Rabbit's built-in WiFi networking & web server to serve up weather web pages and post your data to the Weather Underground.
- Includes the Dallas/Maxim 1-Wire Public Domain C library ported to Rabbit 4000
- 1-Wire Device Library includes support for the DS18S20, DS2438, DS2450, DS2423
- Measures Temperature, Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Barometric Pressure, and Rain Fall
- Weather data is collected once a minute
- Serves up an HTML web page that is updated once a minute
- Posts data to the Weather Underground.
- All source code is provided.
- Requires Dynamic C version 10 (included with the Rabbit Dev Kit)
- Uses serial serial ports C & D on the dev board, you'll need a male-to-male serial null modem adapter to connect to the DS9097U
Learn more about the WiFi Rabbit at Rabbit Semiconductor.
Download the RWS Quick Start Guide.
Download Rabbit Weather Server version 1.0.5
1-Wire Rabbit Programmers: Included in this download is the Dallas/Maxim Public Domain 1-Wire C code ported to run on a Rabbit 4000. This gives you a complete 1-Wire interface for your Rabbit projects. With minor mods, nearly all the examples in the PD library will run.